Religion Dept. Online
- American Academy of Religion Statement on U.S. Executive Order “Protecting the Nation from Foreign Terrorist Entry into the United States."
- Society of Biblical Literature Statement on the U.S. Executive Order “Protecting the Nation from Foreign Terrorist Entry into the United States.” (PDF)
Syracuse University Department of Religion Online
- SU Library Subject Guide for Religion
- Syracuse Religion Department on Academia.edu
- The Place of Religion in Film
Announcing the publication of Place/No-Place in Urban Asian Religiosity edited by Professor Joanne Punzo Waghorne, in ARI-Springer Asian Series. Dordrecht/Heidelberg/London/New York: Springer, 2016.
Please visit the news and accolades section for additional information.
Additional Faculty News stories.
Donovan O. Schaefer (Ph.D. 2012) will be taking up a new position as an assistant professor in the department of religious studies at the University of Pennsylvania. He is currently a departmental lecturer in science and religion at the University of Oxford. He earned his B.A. in the interdisciplinary Religion, Literature, and the Arts program at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, Canada. His master’s and doctoral degrees are from Syracuse University. After completing his doctorate, he held a Mellon Postdoctoral Fellowship at Haverford College. His first book, Religious Affects: Animality, Evolution, and Power (Duke 2015) challenges the notion that religion is inextricably linked to language and belief, proposing instead that it is primarily driven by affects.
Additional Department News Stories.