Religion Dept. Online
- American Academy of Religion Statement on U.S. Executive Order “Protecting the Nation from Foreign Terrorist Entry into the United States."
- Society of Biblical Literature Statement on the U.S. Executive Order “Protecting the Nation from Foreign Terrorist Entry into the United States.” (PDF)
Syracuse University Department of Religion Online
- SU Library Subject Guide for Religion
- Syracuse Religion Department on Academia.edu
- The Place of Religion in Film
Jenny Caplan (Ph.D. 2015) will be joining the faculty of Towson University as an Assistant Professor in the department of Philosophy and Religion. She will be teaching courses focused on Modern Judaism in the Americas to both undergraduates, and MA students in the Baltimore Hebrew Institute, which is affiliated with Towson. She is currently a Visiting Assistant Professor in the Religion Department at Wesleyan University, and helt previous visiting appointments at Western Illinois University and Rollins College. She earned her B.A. in religion and theatre studies from Wellesley College, and earned a Masters of Theological Studies from Harvard Divinity School. She has published on various aspects of Judaism and popular culture in journals such as The Journal of Modern Jewish Studies and Shofar, and has forthcoming essays on teaching American Jewish Humor for the MLA's Teaching Options series and Lenny Bruce and Jewish masculinity for a volume on post-Holocaust humor from Wayne State University Press.
Additional Department News Stories.